Saturday 20 October 2012

D’Banj dedicates MTV EMA awards to fans


After a tough competition across all sub-Saharan Africa, MTV announced that Nigerian superstar D’banj has been named Best African Act of the “2012 MTV EMA,” having received the most votes from fans across sub-Saharan Africa.
altHosted by supermodel, entrepreneur and hometown girl, Heidi Klum, the 19th annual awards show will broadcast live from Frankfurt’s historic Festhalle on Sunday November 11.
D’banj has previously won ‘Best African Act’ at the 2007 MTV EMA, ‘Artist of the Year’ at both the 2008 and 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards, and ‘Best International Act: Africa’ at the 2011 BET Awards.
“I am once again humbled by the support that you have all shown me. You guys have made me all I am, and I want to thank my loyal fans who voted me to win EMA from the bottom of my heart. Eja Nla is grateful Oluwa is involved! Ooossshhheee!” D’banj said after the announcement.
D’banj will now vie against India’s Alobo Naga and the Band and Ahmed Soultan from the Middle East for the chance to represent the region in the ‘Worldwide Act’ category. 

No comments:

Post a Comment